Monday, January 20, 2014

Photo Essay: One Picture Every Day

Hello, everyone.
Today, I am going to post a photo essay about coffee. I am going to show some pictures which explain how to make 3 kinds of coffee; Americano, Capuccino, and Latte. I hope the readers know about coffee and how to make 3 representative coffee, which are the most famous ones. Also, I will tell you how can we make various coffee though we don't have an Espresso machine.

<Ingredients>

First, I will show you what we need to prepare before you make some coffee. Basically, we need roasted coffee beans, coffee filters, coffee dripper, hot water, grinder, and a cup. Additionally, we need some hot milk, a pusher, and cinnamon powder.

<Grind roasted coffee beans>


To make Americano, we need to grind coffee beans that are roasted. You can smell bitter flavor from the beans. Put them into the grinder and grind them by spinning the stick, same as the picture. You will like the feeling and also you can hear an exciting sound.

<Pour them into coffee dripper>


After you grinded them all, open the grinder and check whether it is fine. You can touch it, and you will feel soft. And then, put a coffee filter into the dripper. Lastly, pour the grinded coffee into the filter.

<Boil some water and put it on the coffee>



You need to boil some water. It will be easier when you use an electric pot because it's faster. And then, put the water on the grinded coffee. It smells very delicious and mild, but also you can feel it as bad because it's very strong. But let's wait and see what happens.

<What happens?>



We got some pure Americano. It looks really delicious. If we drink it, we can feel a little bitter, but you will be happy because of the rich flavor of Americano. It is the fundamental base of coffee when we want to make it by ourselves but we don't have an Espresso machine.

<Latte>

(Source: http://cafe.naver.com/xgolfno1/36211)

When we add some hot milk into Americano, it becomes latte. To make a good cup of latte, we need to make some decoration on it, such as a teddy bear, a leaf, or a heart. I really like this picture because I think it's a perfect cat to be on the latte. Also, I like the fish swimming in the coffee pond.

<Cappuccino>

(Source: http://blog.naver.com/111may?Redirect=Log&logNo=90172406036)

If you want to make softer coffee, you can add milk foam into Americano. You need to make foam with hot milk and decorate with some cinnamon powder. You can drink the softest coffee in the world when you make milk foam well.]

To sum up, I wrote some recipes to make 3 kinds of coffee and described the pictures I showed. I wish the readers could know some information about coffees.

Thank you for reading my photo essay. Bye!! ^^

2 comments:

  1. Hi,I'm Elina! Personally,l like the way you introduced how to make coffee. However, I'm not sure whether you successfully described the photo. You may add up the detailed information of the flavors of each coffee. Anyway,thank you for sharing your photo essay.
    BTW, my favorite type of coffee is Latte:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clara- I am making a coffee to drink after reading your post. You did use some phrases about the taste, smell or feel of the coffee but I think it could be more descriptive. You are a hard worker and have done a good job!

    ReplyDelete