Friday, January 17, 2014

Movie review-The princess bride

Today, I am going to write a movie review of ‘The Princess Bride’. It was released in 1987, and the director is Bob Reigner.

 Rob Reigner

From now on, I am going to explain the important things about movie and give my opinions about it.

‘The Princess Bride’ is a romantic comedy between a man who was believed to be dead and a woman who decided not to love somebody after the sudden death of her husband.

 Poster of 'The Princess Bride'


 Trailer of 'The Princess Bride'

In the movie, we can see various characters. Princess Buttercup and Westley(or Man-In-Black) are the main characters, who show a deep romance. But Prince Humperdinck intercepts their love. On the other hand, Fezzik, Vizzini, and Miracle Max help Westley. For another characters, there are Grandson(sick boy), Inigo(Spanish sword fighter), and Count Rugen(six fingered man).

    
                              Westley           Princess Buttercup Prince Humperdinck

Let me tell you about the plot of this movie. At first, Buttercup and Westley were once a romantic couple. But Buttercup knows that Westley was murdered by pirates and she becomes so sad. 5 years later, Prince Humperdinck chooses Buttercup as his bride, and she becomes the ‘Princess Buttercup’ even though she didn't want to. One day, a man in black comes to pirates and goes to the castle together to save her. Man in black meets Buttercup and eventually, she notices that the man in black was Westley, who is not dead. They both go to castle, but they meet Prince Humperdinck there. He promises Princess Buttercup that he will get Westley back to his home. But instead of getting him back, the prince tortures Westley cruelly. Eventually, Westley dies. However, Fezzik and Vizzini find him dead and take him to Miracle Max. He helps Westley live again and Westley goes back to castle, and rescues Buttercup. Vizzini also accomplishes his duty to kill the man who killed Vizzini’s father. Then, they lived happily ever after.





I think this movie is very childish because the plot is very easy going and can be guessed easily. Also, I thought the beginning was a sort of boredom. But we can also say that it is a quite good movie because it is a well-made romance, including some deep kisses and active action scenes. Also, because I like love stories, I was very happy to watch this kind of romance movie. 

Additionally, I liked the characters in the movie because they acted very well. I think the director casted good actors with appearances which fit their characteristics well in the movie. Even though it was the movie that can’t be happened exactly in our real life, I felt my heart fluttered, watching their romance stories.

To conclude, I watched this movie and felt it is too much fancy and boring, but also pretty good and well-made. I want to recommend this movie to the young who want to know about true love. It was a good chance to watch a whole-romance movie and write a movie review. I hope you enjoyed my post.


Thank you for reading my movie review. I wish you would watch this movie. Bye!

6 comments:

  1. Clara! I'm glad it was your favorite romance movie. It must be the chance to relax during this camp! Enjoy your time.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clara- I really enjoyed reading your movie review. You did an excellent job describing the movie and including pictures and the trailer makes it look impressive. Try not to use too many pictures though! You also should tell us what characters showed leadership qualities. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting me. I will try to improve my movie review. Again, really thanks for your interest! ^^

      Delete
  3. Hi! Thank you for sharing your movie review.I like your post which introduces actors and actresses. It's pretty impressive since you are (seem to be) the only one who included such contents. But as miss Angela pointed, please tell us the lesson related to leadership. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting me. I will accept your and miss Angela's advice and improve my movie review of The Princess Bride. Um... I really want to know who you are. Anyway, thanks!

      Delete